December 1, 2013

the new girl

Hi. My name is Amelie, and I'm pleased to meet you (that's what everybody's supposed to say). I really love horse-back riding, and compete. I also like fashion and volleyball a lot, because, let's face it, few girls don't (or at least that I know of). I'm going to be posting about things that I like on here. I've tried blogging before, but it somehow never really worked out: I used WordPress, which was kind of hard to customize, and I also always tried to go for a certain kind of theme. This time around, I think I'll just stick to being me.
I'm kind of a bit perky, and I still like to play mermaid games (I wasn't planning on telling you that, because if anyone found out, it would probably be the end for me).
I travel a LOT. The only continents I've never been to are Asia and Antarctica, but I certainly plan to go to Asia in the future- Antarctica not so much.

1. My favorite paranormal activity is zip-lining and white-water rafting. I did both in Costa Rica last summer.
2. My favorite clothing designers are Marni, J.Crew, and so many others that I can’t list them all. I love reading the magazines “Vogue”, “TeenVogue”, and “Nylon” the most.
3. Whenever I see the movie “Gone With the Wind”, I start leaking like a drain pipe. The most dpressing thing of all, in my opinion, is that the poor lover’s horse gets ridden so hard that when the journey is finally over, he collapses and dies, and the woman doesn’t even care! I’m trying not to give anything away by not giving any names…
4. My favorite foods are Gnocchi, Spaetzle, Bacon, Seaweed (I’m entirely serious), and any sort of noodle.
5. I do have a bit of an obsession with making things, so my blog will feature a lot of collages in the future.
6. I am horrible at making jokes, because my sense of humor is so unique that nobody understands my incredibly funny sayings (should I say “pun intended t make anything better?)
7. My favorite person in the world is my dog. She never gets mad at me when I’m being stupid, and when I’m sad, she’s always there to comfort me.
8. To be honest with you, I find TV pretty stupid. I do love to watch movies, but it ticks me off that 99% of the watch-able shows all have ads every ten seconds. In comedies, you also have that fake laughing in the background. Ugh! (Don’t take anything personally. You’re not the only one who has ever stared at me like I’m crazy. In fact, I get that a lot.)
9. When I’m grown up, I plan to write a book and be an architect or a scientist. If you haven’t caught on yet, I like to think of myself as a chic geek. Of course, it’s not like I’m about to tell anybody that.
10. In my opinion, the best thing in the world is being happy. (I sound like a monk when I say that.)

The Girl On That Bike


Favorites of the Year

1 comment:

Haley Titus said...

cute neon shorts--glad to have found your blog!

Colour Me Classic